Sunshine Home Care is proud to provide specialized Pediatric home care for children in New York and New Jersey serving patients from infancy to late adolescence in both acute and chronic cases.
A child with special needs is one who requires some form of special pediatric care due to physical, mental, emotional or health reasons. Because each child is unique and has unique needs, no single approach of caring for children with disabilities can be applied to all children, or even to those with the same disability. We understand families in need and then guide them with their specific requirements and facility.
Children and young adults with special Pediatric health care needs might have serious or chronic conditions such as:
1. Physical condition
2. Intellectual or developmental disability
3. Behavioral or emotional condition
A few examples of such conditions include:
• Cerebral palsy
• Muscular dystrophy
• Asthma/Respiratory Disorders
• Sickle cell anemia
• Heart conditions
• Mental Retardation / Developmental Disability
• Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
• Seizure Disorder
• Gastrointestinal disorders
Sunshine Home care offers comprehensive pediatric health care services to help each child reach his or her full potential by providing:
• Tracheostomy therapy and care
• Ventilator-dependent care
• Nutrition Guide
• Wound care
• Glucose monitoring / Diabetic Care
• Tube feeding
• Personal care(assist, bed bath, tub bath, shower, etc.)
• Medication administration and monitoring
• Assessment and Client Progress
• Case management
• Nursing support
Pediatric home health care is formulated to allow the child to grow and thrive in the home environment while providing compassionate, personalized, and skilled services.